Windows 10 nonsense

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Windows 10 nonsense

Post by watkins »

As there are more tech-savvy people on here than in the real world, I figured I would ask you lot.

I "upgraded" to Windows 10 last night for sh*ts. Played with settings and Im mostly OK with it all. One big problem remains though. I am a consummate center clicker. I use that like its going out of style. New tab here, new tab there. But now for some reason its a shortcut to open Cortana. I dont want that garbage opening ever. How the hell do I disable the mouse shortcut? I cant find Cortana settings for that anywhere.
IMBoring25

Re: Windows 10 nonsense

Post by IMBoring25 »

Mine's not doing it, but a search finds a thread on reddit that indicates there should be settings in Settings --> Devices --> Mouse and Touchpad --> Additional dealing with the middle click functionality.
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

The options unfortunately are to have middle click enabled or not. I need it on.
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

So I just disabled it and turned it back on. Oddly that seems to have solved the issue. Completely illogical.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Signed up for the Windows 10 upgrade this weekend. We shall see how that goes.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

I signed up for the upgrade and it immediately started to download it. I told it "heck naw!" and put that download on hold. I'm waiting for a month or two so a few patches can be rolled out.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Squint wrote:I signed up for the upgrade and it immediately started to download it. I told it "heck naw!" and put that download on hold.
I'm waiting for a month or two so a few patches can be rolled out.
Fickset
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
SonicHKS
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo

Post by SonicHKS »

Windows 7 forever. Swear I'll never upgrade. You can't turn off the privacy invasion completely, they track your data and usage, track programs and hardware you have installed (and can prevent you from installing certain things), can push ads to the start menu and w/e, it just isn't worth it. Its being pushed because of enhanced DRM which I don't agree with either. Part of what lead me to standard transmissions is me being a control freak, and I'm sorry but Windows 10 is the wrong direction, like they're trying to make it like OSX. I don't need more automation and **** getting in my way.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

SonicHKS wrote:Windows 7 forever. Swear I'll never upgrade. You can't turn off the privacy invasion completely, they track your data and usage, track programs and hardware you have installed (and can prevent you from installing certain things), can push ads to the start menu and w/e, it just isn't worth it. Its being pushed because of enhanced DRM which I don't agree with either. Part of what lead me to standard transmissions is me being a control freak, and I'm sorry but Windows 10 is the wrong direction, like they're trying to make it like OSX. I don't need more automation and **** getting in my way.
Yo dawg, once you get it installed, just don't plug it in to the internet if you're that paranoid. It can't send any data if it's not connected to anything. And don't forget the tin foil hat.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

From Weird Al's "Couch Potato"

"Never missed "Melrose Place" or "Lost In Space"
I've seen each "Amazing Race" and "Without A Trace"
But I only watched "Will And Grace" one time one day
Wish I hadn't 'cause TiVo now thinks I'm gay"

You gave up your privates a long time before Windows 10 came along.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

Rope-Pusher wrote:You gave up your privates a long time before Windows 10 came along.
At birth.