Board a Fast Boat to Massachusetts!

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Board a Fast Boat to Massachusetts!

Post by Rope-Pusher »

TECH INTERNS WANTED
While training for repairing and maintaining hybrid and electric vehicles has gained some steam, there’s still a need for qualified technicians in that field. And like any job, an internship is a great way to get your foot in the door. The Automotive Career Development Center, or ACDC is looking for two auto students over 18 to assist at their shop and training center. Not only does the internship provide housing and meals, but it also includes study books to keep, access to a fleet of hybrid cars and on-the-job training. The only cost is getting yourself to Massachusetts. I first learned of ACDC and founder, Craig Van Batenburg when doing research for an Autoline Garage and I can say not only are these guys passionate about what they do, but they’re also very knowledgeable and have resources you’d be hard pressed to find anywhere else. If interested, send an email to Craig with a resume and 100 words as to why you want the internship.

Link to email Craig:
http://www.fixhybrid.com/contact-us/

http://www.auto-careers.org/
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Re: Board a Fast Boat to Massachusetts!

Post by Squint »

There are puns waiting with the name ACDC...

However, cool story. Hopefully, they'll find a couple of good people to take them up on it. Especially as it is a free ride for all that there learnin' they'll be doing...
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Squint wrote:There are puns waiting with the name ACDC...

However, cool story. Hopefully, they'll find a couple of good people to take them up on it. Especially as it is a free ride for all that there learnin' they'll be doing...

I suppose that since they describe it as an internship, some work will be required. I don't know if they will be compensated for it or if that is the 200 Lb elephant in the room that nobody seems to notice.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

Rope-Pusher wrote:I suppose that since they describe it as an internship, some work will be required. I don't know if they will be compensated for it or if that is the 200 Lb elephant in the room that nobody seems to notice.
Well, some might argue that the knowledge gained, room, and board would count as reimbursement for the education - and assumed hands on work experience that you would get. My argument for pay beyond that would depend on how much work is being done versus educational hands on experience. It's one thing to be say, "Okay, we just talked through all that stuff, now let's do it on one car then I'll let you try it by yourself on a car after we put it back together..." and a completely different thing to say, "Alright, you just studied for a few hours, go work in the shop repairing that junk that just rolled in the door."

The second one would be a job on the side that deserves pay, the first is part of the educational experience (and might have pay anyway, who knows?).

I can't watch that Youtube video at work, though. So no idea what that is.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!