Another Day, Another Decent Driver

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Re: Another Day, Another Decent Driver

Post by Squint »

tankinbeans wrote:I always wait in that case. I only get hot under the collar when the pedestrian intentionally slows down and mugs. That irks me no end.
I walk quickly when I'm by myself, so I keep the same quick pace while crossing the street if a car is waiting. I don't slow down ever, though I might glare at someone that is just sitting in the whole crosswalk.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

OK, ok. There was a good driver not too long ago.

I was on foot, crossing an intersection. The car coming from my right overshot the white stopping line by about 2 feet and encroached into the ped crosswalk. As I started to cross, the driver acknowledged me, waived apologetically and moved back the two feet or so.

Usually, the jerks will pull into the ped crosswalk and not give a rat's ass. In that case, I make a point to cross VERY close to their bumper and often glaring at them. Sometimes I give them the "WTF" shrug if they are really waaay out into the crosswalk forcing me to walk around far enough to almost be in way of traffic.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Oh, and I have a total asshole neighbor who nearly ran me over on 3 occasions in a span of about a year as I crossed the street. Let's just say that everything else he does around here doesn't bode well for his intellect or common sense.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

AHTOXA wrote:Oh, and I have a total asshole neighbor who nearly ran me over on 3 occasions in a span of about a year as I crossed the street. Let's just say that everything else he does around here doesn't bode well for his intellect or common sense.
I haven't met my new neighbors yet, but they seem pretty good overall. Next door is an older couple, other side is a rental house that has several dogs, though they adjust pretty quickly to people around often.

For Pony!
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

tankinbeans wrote:I always wait in that case. I only get hot under the collar when the pedestrian intentionally slows down and mugs. That irks me no end.
i don't want to slow down...i wanna get to work out of the heat/cold/wind/whatever the weather is doing....i wave and nod a "thanks!" to drivers for waiting
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Squint wrote: Image
other side is a rental house that has several dogs, though they adjust pretty quickly to people around often.
Fickset
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

Rope-Pusher wrote:
other side is a rental house that has several dogs, though they adjust pretty quickly to people around often.
Fickset
Is that like a half completed White House for dogs?

For Pony!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Squint wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:
Fickset
Is that like a half completed White House for dogs?
When "Pitbull" runs for office, it will have a whole new meaning.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Wunceboat a time, wuss a mejical drifer who let everyone out in front of them. He jess put his car in Reverse and backed up, because if you kepp letting pipple in front all the time, you will only go backwards.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

Rope-Pusher wrote:Wunceboat a time, wuss a mejical drifer who let everyone out in front of them. He jess put his car in Reverse and backed up, because if you kepp letting pipple in front all the time, you will only go backwards.
I like to believe in the zipper and wave theories of traffic. If everyone followed those, I think we'd have much smoother driving all around.

For Pony!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Squint wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:Wunceboat a time, wuss a mejical drifer who let everyone out in front of them. He jess put his car in Reverse and backed up, because if you kepp letting pipple in front all the time, you will only go backwards.
I like to believe in the zipper and wave theories of traffic. If everyone followed those, I think we'd have much smoother driving all around.
"Keep your zipper shut and just wave Hello to the ladies"?
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

Squint wrote:
apparently there is a zipper on the west side of the state.....and it works, when people use it.
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

Rope-Pusher wrote:
Squint wrote:
"Keep your zipper shut and just wave Hello to the ladies"?
Yup. Tends to work quite well. The reverse of leaving the zipper open and waving with that tends to land one in trouble.

For Pony!