VWs Built from Left-over SAAB parts?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

VWs Built from Left-over SAAB parts?

Post by Rope-Pusher »

...or, IS VW UNDERREPORTING CLAIMS?
Earlier this year, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration fined Honda $70 million for underreporting death and injury claims. And just last month FCA acknowledged it did the same. And now some are wondering if VW is also underreporting (death and injury) claims to NHTSA. A new study from financial advisory firm Stout Risius Ross shows that over the last decade VW reported the lowest rate of claims among the 11 largest automakers in the U.S. It’s so low that many experts think it’s too good to be true. The report compared the number of incidents reported by automakers with the number of vehicles sold by each carmaker that were estimated to still be on the road. It was then converted into a ratio of death and injury reports per million vehicles on the road. That way it’s a fair comparison between large and small automakers. GM had the highest rate at 524 incidents per million vehicles. The average was 301 per million but VW was at just 34 per million. That’s well below FCA and Honda’s rates which were at 101 and 78 per million respectively. And as we just mentioned they admitted to underreporting claims. So far VW has declined to comment on the report. Maybe there’s an explanation but the numbers don’t look good.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... -reporting
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Bill B
Senior Standardshifter

Re: VWs Built from Left-over SAAB parts?

Post by Bill B »

If their number are not DAS BS, then everyone should go out and buy VW's for their 16 year old kids because they are the safest vehicles on this planet or any other. Buy a diesel VW pre recall while it still has the performance package.
Bill Berckman
West Chester, Ohio
2007 Honda Element EX AWD 5 Speed MT
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

Bill B wrote:If their number are not DAS BS, then everyone should go out and buy VW's for their 16 year old kids because they are the safest vehicles on this planet or any other. Buy a diesel VW pre recall while it still has the performance package.
Should be able to get some rock bottom prices on them...
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Squint wrote:
Bill B wrote:If their number are not DAS BS, then everyone should go out and buy VW's for their 16 year old kids because they are the safest vehicles on this planet or any other. Buy a diesel VW pre recall while it still has the performance package.
Should be able to get some rock bottom prices on them...
vw diesels are probably still in high demand, or at least still priced way higher than their petrol counterparts :? :roll: 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote:...or, IS VW UNDERREPORTING CLAIMS?
Earlier this year, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration fined Honda $70 million for underreporting death and injury claims. And just last month FCA acknowledged it did the same.
my only real question is where does that money go??
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:...or, IS VW UNDERREPORTING CLAIMS?
Earlier this year, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration fined Honda $70 million for underreporting death and injury claims. And just last month FCA acknowledged it did the same.
my only real question is where does that money go??
Where do any of our tax dollars go?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"