Spare me the Excuses!

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: Spare me the Excuses!

Post by AHTOXA »

Squint wrote:Heh, coincidentally, I used my spare tire twice this weekend. The Fiesta had a flat when I walked out from work on Friday evening, so I put on the spare, took it home, filled up the normal tire on Saturday morning, and let it sit overnight. On Sunday morning, it was flat again - so spare went back on, took it over to Goodyear place who told me they fix flats for free.

Turns out they do! It was apparently a leak at the bead that caused slow deflation. My only payment was two signatures and they held onto the wheel for a couple of hours. I was pleasantly surprised.
Seriously? I had a nail in my tire last week, resulting in a slow leak. I was looking for a cheap place to repair it (with the exception of dirty, shady, used tire stores). I do have a Goodyear store nearby, but they didn't do it for free.

Ended up paying $30 at Firestone. Won't go back there, though, as they charged me a few bucks for a "TPMS sensor kit". Bullshit, all they did was pull out the nail and plug the tire.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

If there's a Discount Tire by you they usually do basic repairs for free.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

I thought all the major tire-specific chains now do repairs for free.

Why spend a bunch of effort looking for a place to do it for $30 when you can use a $5 plug kit to do the same thing yourself? That is, unless they actually properly dismount the tire, plug & patch it, remount, and balance, in which case $30 is not unreasonable...but AFAIK most places just jam a plug in and send you on your way, same thing you can do in 2 minutes roadside.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

tankinbeans wrote:
watkins wrote:If it ever comes to the point where I buy a vehicle without a spare you can bet the first thing Ill do is get a spare kit for it.
But but you're going to give up the minimal fuel savings and speed gains for piece of mind? The hell man.
What can I say? Im a rebel.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

six wrote:I specifically ordered my SS with the full-size spare for this exact reason. Now I drive around with peace-of-mind of not having a donut spare in case of an emergency, but a fifth wheel-and-tire-combo complete replacement to use at any time.
"do you have a spare tire for your vehicle?"
"no, i have a donut"
"that's considered a spare tire, ma'am"
"not to me"

oh, i didn't realize you ran the *entire* industry, i'm sorry
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

Maybe she just wanted you to know she wouldn't be hungry while waiting for the tow truck.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

IMBoring25 wrote:Maybe she just wanted you to know she wouldn't be hungry while waiting for the tow truck.
Cakes are better.

But donuts will do in a pinch...also donuts. ;-) ;-)
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

IMBoring25 wrote:Maybe she just wanted you to know she wouldn't be hungry while waiting for the tow truck.
in my closing i ask "is there anything else i can do for you" i get many requests for 12 packs of beer, as well as food. or a new car.
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff