Billions and Billions of Cars!

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Billions and Billions of Cars!

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Wards Auto reports that at the end of last year there were 1.32 billion vehicles driving around on the planet.

http://wardsauto.com/analysis/world-veh ... se-46-2016

Imagine if all 1.32 billion were driving westward, at a high rate of speed, and then they all stepped on the brake pedal. The day would get longer, right?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Billions and Billions of Cars!

Post by potownrob »

That looks like an extra creepy version of Watkins.

Edit: THE SS IS DEAD!! I repeat: THE SS IS DEAD!!!! :o :shock: :evil: :cry:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote:That looks like an extra creepy version of Watkins.

Edit: THE SS IS DEAD!! I repeat: THE SS IS DEAD!!!! :o :shock: :evil: :cry:
Zee SS is dead???
....or zoe zee Cherminz voot haff you bleef, but zee boiz in Brazil know otterweiss.
Last edited by Rope-Pusher on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

A simple way to control emission is to eliminate all cars that have automatic transmissions. :lol:
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

InlinePaul wrote:A simple way to control emission is to eliminate all cars that have automatic transmissions. :lol:
What you did there. I see it.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

A simple way to reduce emissions and fuel consumption is to share a ride. I say simple, because it is simple math, or maths, as the Bri'ish would say.

You may say there is nothing simple about finding someone with a commute that is similar to yours and that is true, but if the rewards were much higher, i.e. if fuel costs increased significantly, you would be looking much harder to find your Kia Soul mate and there would be a new thrust on social networks to match commuters together.
"...And what therefore Dog hath put together, let no career moves put asunder!"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

eye fink eye'd rather drive my own tiny electric deathtrap econobox than have to share a ride with some random person (unless they are hot...and female...a hot female). color me old school. :|
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

https://uk-cms.parkindigo.com/wp-conten ... ls-6-1.jpg

BREAST SELLING VEHICLES AROUND THE WHIRLED
No doubt most of you are aware that the Ford F-150 is the best selling vehicle in the American market. And the Canadian market too, by the way. But do you know what the best selling vehicle in China is? It’s the Wuling Hongguang. No doubt you already know that Wuling is partly owned by General Motors. In Germany the best selling car is the Volkswagen Golf. In Japan, it’s the Toyota Aqua, better known in other markets as the Prius C. In Brazil the Chevrolet Onix, which is only sold in South America, tops the sales charts. In Indonesia, the Toyota Avanza, which was actually designed by Daihatsu, outsells everyone else. And in Egypt the Chevrolet TFR is the best selling vehicle in the country. In fact the little pickup is so popular it’s been nicknamed “El Dabbabah” which means “The Tank.” We got this information from a company in the UK called Aira, which is dedicated to helping people who are visually impaired. We don’t know why in the world it would create a graphic of the top selling vehicles in the world, but it sure is interesting to look at.