Change your rearview mirror bearing

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
IMBoring25

Re: Change your rearview mirror bearing

Post by IMBoring25 »

Even the engineers apparently don't always grasp the concept. I rented a GMC Savana cargo van for a business trip. The mirrors didn't have enough travel to set correctly. Even worse when there are no windows aft of the front doors.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Change your rearview mirror bearing

Post by Rope-Pusher »

IMBoring25 wrote:Even the engineers apparently don't always grasp the concept. I rented a GMC Savana cargo van for a business trip. The mirrors didn't have enough travel to set correctly. Even worse when there are no windows aft of the front doors.
I've run into this too - setting the side-view mirrors to ride shotgun on the blind spots. They run out of travel before I can get them where I want them. I finger that I don't really need to see anything in the side-view mirrors that I can see in the rearview mirror, so I adjust them to playpick up the images that are just going off-screen from my rearview mirror, sort of like they are tag-team wrestling partners.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"