Music!

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer RA

Post by jcprov21 »

LS1Leader wrote:"Du Hast" is better if you like singing along in the car and hitting the brakes to the beats of the song. :)
Du Hast is an interesting song... First of all when i listen to it i translate it as Du Hasst(you hate)... Not Du Hast(you have)

AT least it sounds like it, but when you put it with the rest of the lyrics (in my best translation, Du Hast (you have) Makes more sence.......

You
you have
you have me
you have asked me
you have asked me and I have said nothing
Do you want, until death seperates you,
to be faithful to her for all days
No
Do you want, until death, which would seperate
to love her even in bad days
No

du
du hast
du hast mich
du hast mich gefragt
du hast mich gefragt und ich hab nichts gesagt
willst du bis der tod euch scheidet
treu ihr sein für alle Tage
Nein
willst du bis zum tod der scheide
sie lieben auch in schlechten tagen
Nein
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Tiamat wrote:Metallica is good, but not on long trips unless I have cruise control. I get horribly impatient and drive too fast otherwise. Beethovon is good for driving, but Mozart is too hard to hear. I also like Cibo Matto, especially when I have passengers. They're too busy being confused to complain about the rough shifts.
Metallica's S&M album is great to listen to, especially while driving on the Belt Parkway in NYC at 2am :D
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

jcprov21 wrote:Du Hast is an interesting song... First of all when i listen to it i translate it as Du Hasst(you hate)... Not Du Hast(you have)

AT least it sounds like it, but when you put it with the rest of the lyrics (in my best translation, Du Hast (you have) Makes more sence.......[/i]
It's supposed to be like that. It's a pun.
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

I'll smile and nod my head on this one, guys. I only know what MTV taught me. :)

My understanding all along was that "du hast" meant "you hate", but I know absolutely no german, except "kindergarten". :)
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter

Post by jcprov21 »

LS1Leader wrote:I'll smile and nod my head on this one, guys. I only know what MTV taught me. :)

My understanding all along was that "du hast" meant "you hate", but I know absolutely no german, except "kindergarten". :)
Who ever translated it for MTV was on smack, "du hast" is "you have" du hasst is you hate, and "you hate" really does not work with the rest of the lyrics.
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter

Post by jcprov21 »

The verb haben mean to have in German and the verb hassen means to hate.
Germans conjugate their verbs by changing the endings.

We do this in English as well. Take the verb be: I am, he is, we are. Or have: I have, he has, we have.

The way you conjugate haben for you have would be du hast.
For you hate it would be du hasst.

Since du hasst and du hast sound the same, and even though the lyrics say du hast, up until Till says "du hast mich gefragt" (you have asked me) it could be either one. This is probably do give the song a double meaning. Althought the lyrics fit best with you have.
Badmojo
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Badmojo »

I've been playing AC/DC's Back in Black a lot. It's probably my favorite for driving. Metallica and Audioslave are pretty good too.
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

I cannot get enough of AC/DC while driving. However, I'm more of a Bon Scott fan. You?
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
Charly_GK7
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Charly_GK7 »

In my case , depends on the mood:

Sometimes I hear Pink Floyd, The Killers or The Darkness

for driving fast or such a mood :

I also used to play Sandstom, but then I got tired hehe

Paul Van Dyk: Crush, Techno Energy, Flaming June, For an Angel, Nothing but you , Time of our lives, Ibiza Euphoria
DJ BT : Force of Gravity, Godspeed, Never gonna come back down, Race wars, The Revolution

Paul Oakenfold : Sex Drive, This is Trance

and most of the time, the music that's hitting on the radios or that's well known in my homeland. otherwise I hear what my Gf puts on the radio, she's always changing the freq., it turns a bit annoying hehe

Cheers, drive safely
Seat. Auto-emoción
littleredcar
Senior Standardshifter

Post by littleredcar »

I listen to classical. Rachmaninoff or Faure anybody?
Nothin runs like a deere.
TransAm350fi
Junior Standardshifter

Post by TransAm350fi »

None of you guys listen to Motley Crue? :shock:
12.278 @113.45mph on an 87 Trans Am