This has nothing to do with Cars?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Honda Rules
Junior Standardshifter

This has nothing to do with Cars?

Post by Honda Rules »

CONSERVATIVES SUCK....LIBERALS SHOULD HAVE WON...

Fellow people..Canada has a new Prime Minister Stephen Harper.....
acadien
Senior Standardshifter

Post by acadien »

Conservatives do suck, NDP should have won, and at least we got rid of Paul Martin, and maybe now the liberals will have a liberal leader.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Lol.. I saw this comming.. just didn't expect it to be on this board lol... maybe this should go in the Canada section :lol:. But yea.. i don't like Harper. I don't like his stupid tax cut policies. Tax cut = more expensive for everything else... Also, last time NDP was in power, they really f*cked up Canada (thats what I've heard at least) and so I wouldn't want to see a repeat of that
Honda Rules
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Honda Rules »

Stephen Harper doesnt seem like a real person...and i dun like the idea of him giving 1200 for daycare
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

lol Well thank God it's a minority government - with the NDP and the Liberals together (I haven't quite decided what I think the Bloc will do) against the Conservatives, they won't be able to get much done. I'm not a fan of the Conservatives, but it's not even so much the fact that a Conservative gov't got in, it's that Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister. Seriously, something about that man is very wrong and it creeps me out! Incidently, when were the NDP in power? I don't remember...
lol I've been complaining for weeks though, because I'm only a few months off being able to vote!!! Argh! Oh well....next time - which shouldn't be too far off.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents on this off-topic subject!! It's the first time I've been back to the site in a little while - school's been kinda crazy and I haven't had time. Best to you all! :D
It's not what's on the outside, it's what's under the hood
Badmojo
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Badmojo »

I think it's awesome! I'm looking forward to paying less GST. I just wish they'd come to power before I bought my car. Anyways, I didn't think the alternatives were very good. The Liberals are a bunch of crooks and Jack Layton would bankrupt this country with all his social spending.
Honda Rules
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Honda Rules »

NDP..are a good political party...but i think if they got power they would create a deficit...the Conservatives...i dun like very much..I dun like Stephen Harper...I like Liberal...even if they messed up..there still better than the other...there like in the middle of the politcal spectrum
Hatchman
Master Standardshifter

Post by Hatchman »

There's a Canada section? :? :oops:

Beware the Conservatives' hidden agenda. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Happy driving :D
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Honda Rules wrote:NDP..are a good political party...but i think if they got power they would create a deficit...the Conservatives...i dun like very much..I dun like Stephen Harper...I like Liberal...even if they messed up..there still better than the other...there like in the middle of the politcal spectrum
Agreed. Last time NDP was in power was either before when I was born (1987) or just after. I can't completely remember which it was since I've only heard my surperviosr that I used to work for talk about it. He said how the country was a mess hole and that if they ever come back into power, he'd move to the States the next day :lol: ... also, nobody likes Harper.. I don't know how he won lol. He looks like one of those characters that if this was a thriller type movie, he'd be the scheming antagonist :lol:. I guess the real thing that screwed up the Libs this time is the tax heist. I'm normally not political (at all) but this time, I just don't like the fact that there is a new gov't in power. I am too used to the Libs (since they are the only party that i can think back to that was in power) and a new one just seems different to me.

Ironichumor, welcome back :). Hope you "stick" around for a while :)

mikey, the Canada section is at the bottom of the main forum page. Scroll down and you will see different regions :)
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

:wink: Thanks Sypher! I'll be "sticking" around fairly steadily after the next week, I think (after exams).
About the Liberals, I totally agree with you. I'm so used to them that anyone else in power is just....off :?
Anyway, I'm going to shut up about politics now. There've been enough discussions in class and rant sessions with friends that I'm all politics-ed out now lol :lol:
Have a great night/day (*sigh* time zones) everyone! :)
Honda Rules
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Honda Rules »

Hey, I Dont Want This to Be Negative...and Im just saying...I Think Stephen Harper luvs like America off...America's a crazzy country...but like Stephen Harper even said tat Canada is like second rated, Canada doesnt compare to America and like we wish we were dem, and he said sum other stuff...like i dun care wat he offers..all i care is he will keep the country stable...and keep it unique Stephen Harper reminds me of Brain Mulroney...he doesnt love Canada...like i wanna ask everyone do u think Canada should have participated in the Iraq War?
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

Here I am responding right after I said I was done talking about politics...lol oh well

Honda Rules (and I agree wholeheartedly with your name!!!! :D ), I do not believe that Canada should have participated in Iraq. I do not respect Bush's motivations for invading and the fact that he ignored the consensus of the United Nations NOT to invade proves to me that Bush does not care for world peace - only for his own gain (like getting control over oil reserves in the Middle East). I think that Canada needs to exert its sovereignty more often, because quite franky we've kinda become pushovers; Canada has nearly no sway in world affairs - which may cause problems in the not-too-distant-future. It's already started - the Americans think they can walk all over us (and they pretty much can, that's the problem)!! Take the soft wood lumber dispute for example! The States have been ordered numerous times now (I don't remember how many) to stop the hindering of imports (Canada to US) and what have they done? They have completely ignored a consensus made in the international arena, clearly stating that the States is in the wrong. Why? Because they know darn well Canada won't actually DO anything about it!!
:oops: lol *sheepish smile* I think I'll stop now...lol :oops: :roll:
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

Hey I just want to clarify that I'm NOT trying to bash Americans - I realized I said "the Americans" in my last post and I didn't mean it like that. There are lots and lots of Americans that I am very good friends with and they are wonderful people. I just really don't like Bush and sometimes when I rant I end up generalizing Bush into "the Americans". I'm sorry guys! I need to fix that habit. *wince* :oops: :cry:
Honda Rules
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Honda Rules »

Take the soft wood lumber dispute for example! The States have been ordered numerous times now (I don't remember how many) to stop the hindering of imports (Canada to US) and what have they done? They have completely ignored a consensus made in the international arena, clearly stating that the States is in the wrong. Why? Because they know darn well Canada won't actually DO anything about it!!
:oops: lol *sheepish smile* I think I'll stop now...lol :oops: :roll:

Um....The United States and Canada have been arguing for years over the United States' decision to impose a 27% duty on Canadian softwood lumber imports. Canada has filed numerous motions to have the duty eliminated and the collected duties returned to Canada. Canada has won every case brought before the NAFTA tribunal, the last being on August 10, 2005....I read this at Wikipedia...i dun kno much bout this Lumber Dispute...but does this have anything to do with it
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

Yeah that's it - but the US gov't is ignoring the rulings...and other than appealing that fact over and over Canada isn't doing much. It just shows that Canada doesn't seem to be prepared to go to more lengths to protect our sovereignty...not that I have suggestions on what to do - it's not like outright conflict is the answer, but the lumber dispute for me is just an example of how we let ourselves be pushed around. I don't have any answers, but Canada used to be so respected around the world after the war - not that that we aren't now, just not in the same way, methinks. I don't know the finer details about the lumber dispute either, but my Canadian & World Issues teacher at school brings it up quite a bit so I figured it would be a good example (also because it's been going on for so long and the lumber is important to both countries). That's awesome that you looked it up and everything - a lot of people would just dismiss it if they didn't know much about it and not bother to find anything out. :roll:

lol I'm finding it really funny how we're having this discussion on a forum like this! Not that it's not a good discussion, but still... :lol: