This has nothing to do with Cars?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Honda Rules
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Honda Rules »

Just of Curiousity.....I Wanted to know how many Americans knew we were having an election and dat we have a new leader??
Krakilin
Senior Standardshifter

Re: This has nothing to do with Cars?

Post by Krakilin »

Honda Rules wrote:CONSERVATIVES SUCK....LIBERALS SHOULD HAVE WON...

Fellow people..Canada has a new Prime Minister Stephen Harper.....
You have Alberta to thank for that, their whole province voted for Conservatives.
2005 Mazda 3 GT, Metallic Black, GFX package (17inch rim, moonroof, sporty bumpers), Spoiler, 5MT.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Honda Rules wrote:Just of Curiousity.....I Wanted to know how many Americans knew we were having an election and dat we have a new leader??
lol yea.. Seems the whole world doesn't know about this except for Canadians. Every other board I go to doesn't even talk about it at all lol... I guess we isolated ourself in this lil ol' world of our....
TigerNightmare
Junior Standardshifter

Post by TigerNightmare »

I didn't know anything aboot the Canadian election. I thought that the Canadian Prime Minister was in the royal family and he would have to die for them to get a new one. Just kidding.
Honda Rules
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Honda Rules »

TigerNightmare wrote:I didn't know anything aboot the Canadian election. I thought that the Canadian Prime Minister was in the royal family and he would have to die for them to get a new one. Just kidding.

Dun lie i bet u thought tats was how it worked....Cmon why are no one but Canadians writing in this topic.....Oh ya I liked Bill Clinton better than Bush
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Most Americans don't even know what's going on in our own country, let alone other countries. Is the conservative hidden agenda up in Canada anything like the straussian neo-conservative agenda here which no one seems to know about? :?
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

It would do a lot of good for us if our media networks could simply report unbiased, relevant news rather than the "Top Story" about some 14 year old with a toy gun pointing it at neighbors in Utah. Nothing against Mormon's, now.

Much of American's lack of knowledge is simply due to what we're fed. If you look, you can find the proper reporting agencies, however few and far between.
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

What's this talk about Canada having its own elections? I thought they were a province/territory of the US! :roll: 8)
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

:lol: Well I know Canada was a province/territory of the United Kingdom for sure :mrgreen:
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

correction... Britian ;)
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

:lol: Ok thanks.
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

If you guys are talking about Canada having been a British colony....so was the US! :P
Yeah about the biased reports - I know some people in the States who asked a friend of mine to send down magazines and newspapers from up here so that they could get a different view of things. It's pretty scary to think how much control our gov'ts have over what we know :?
It's not what's on the outside, it's what's under the hood
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

it's not the governments, it's the media. and laziness. if american citizens weren't too lazy to listen to BBC and Al Jazeera, they'd be able to get more of an outside opinion. But most will stick with what's easy, CNN and Fox News and New York Times.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

yea. Its pretty much true that the American media basically is bias towards their own nation. I have heard of people in the US tuning to Canadian stations when the Olympics are on because the US channels only shows the American team while the Canadain channels are talking about team from around the world.
Trev
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW Jetta 00'

Post by Trev »

I wish I had the BBC on the telly, when I was in Britain I would watch that alot. I kept thinking "Why don't we have this here?". I don't even watch the news here because alot of it is just a bunch of junk.