NO RESPECT

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

NO RESPECT

Post by Paolo300zx »

I'm tired of people F***ing with my car.

Ok, first a couple of months ago my mom asked to borrow my car and then proceded to drive it straight into the back of a corrolla.

second, i drive my friends to and back from school. of course, i have the best car so everyone wants a ride with me, so i have a wide variaty of ppl riding in my car. they just jump in, dont kick thier feet (i live in a wet muddy area), dick around with the sterio, and slam the doors. and to make things worse, one of my "friends" is extremely jelouse of my car and everytime i give him a ride he says things like "i dont like ur steering wheel" and "your engine is too loud."

its ppl like this that piss me off. they have no respect for other peoples cars. especially if they dont own one themselves. :evil:

P.S. i dont give that guy rides anymore
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

Laugh it off. I always take jealousy as flattery. :) And don't be so eager to give rides. I make an effort to minimize the number of rides I give. :)
MostWanted
Senior Standardshifter

Post by MostWanted »

this is exactly why i dont drive ANYONE around. the few "privileged" people that do get to ride in my car know the rules. they also know that if they dont follow these rules theyre getting dropped off at the next traffic light. im extremely anal/OCD when it comes to the car. its also why alot of my friends prefer not to ride in my car, which is fine by me.

some of my rules for kicks, lol:

1. do not touch my paint no matter what your flawed logic dictates (i have a dark colored car and EVERYTHING/ANYTHING shows/scratches/stains.)

2. do not slam my doors

3. do not touch my radio

4. do not kick or otherwise cross your legs or place your feet on my dash

5. do not touch my headliner (someone once left handprints over my pristine headliner, if not because i got them out myself they wouldve been billed for the OEM replacement) ---- related note: that Woolite OXY clean worked wonders on those stains!!!!

6. no food or drink (unless its water) in the car. and because of this and the fact that i keep nothing in my car it still smells new after 1 yr and a half

7. do not look through my glovebox, my car not yours

8. do not touch anything that is glass

9. you adjust any of my seats you better set it back to how it was

10. when in doubt ask permission and when i say no, remember its not personal
"Look Ma I'm Shifting!!! I'm Shifting, *putt putt putt... stall* god damn it! !@#$"
Cruel Night
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Subaru Forester

Post by Cruel Night »

ya know.. i generally tend to have the same rules..lol, i hate it when people don't knock the snow off the bottom of their boots before getting in the car-- i don't want to have a mouldy smelly car by springtime... i can't stand it when people touch the glass in my car.. i've actually made then clean their fingerprints... Playing with the radio.. biggest pet peeve.. unless i give you permission to change the station, or cd.. don't touch it or else i will be visibly and audiably annoyed...
2005 Saturn Ion 3
~Resident Drag Queen~
scionkid
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 04 xB

Post by scionkid »

What is this thing about people want to mess with the radio in someone else's car? I know one dude who likes his radio so loud that you want the ride to be over asap. And he want the radio to be that loud in someone else's car. Until I was peeling out one nite in a parking lot, telling him I can listen to the engine when I launch. He had not touch it since.

Back to the topic, I think we are a special group of people who like cars and spend a lot of time taking care of our rides. Then there are those who just don't care about cars as much as we do, if at all.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

scionkid wrote:What is this thing about people want to mess with the radio in someone else's car? I know one dude who likes his radio so loud that you want the ride to be over asap.
OMG! I know someone exactly like this! Although he drives a stick, he blasts his music SO loud. I wanted to get out and walk lol.
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Re: NO RESPECT

Post by coolguy »

Paolo300zx wrote:P.S. i dont give that guy rides anymore

:lol: Image
acadien
Senior Standardshifter

Post by acadien »

some guy kept complaining about my music, and was like changing the radio station himself, then he wanted to compromise, on some other station. Sure i know my choice in music is not very popualr, but i dont care, i'm giving you the ride. If i ask you if you liek the music, then complain, but otherwise stfu or get out of the car. needless to say the next time i gave him a ride, i made sure music he liked even less was playing, and he doesnt get any rides from me anymore.
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

Back to the topic, I think we are a special group of people who like cars and spend a lot of time taking care of our rides. Then there are those who just don't care about cars as much as we do, if at all.

That is exactly how ifeel. I put a whole lot of money into my car because it is not only a hobbie but a way of life. When im done cleaning my car you could eat off the carpet. Then people track mud and dirt into the car, touch the glass and make swirls in the paint. Then they make comments like "you spend too much time on your car, its just a car" I feel like slapping them. they should think b4 they trash talk some ones hobbie, right to their face :twisted:
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

srry, srewed up the quote
Scion kidd said:
s4rge
Senior Standardshifter

Post by s4rge »

MostWanted wrote:this is exactly why i dont drive ANYONE around. the few "privileged" people that do get to ride in my car know the rules. they also know that if they dont follow these rules theyre getting dropped off at the next traffic light. im extremely anal/OCD when it comes to the car. its also why alot of my friends prefer not to ride in my car, which is fine by me.

some of my rules for kicks, lol:

7. do not look through my glovebox, my car not yours
=) lock it buddy
1995 Black Mustang GT Vert- Current Mustang
1997 Red Mustang GT Vert- Gone but not forgotten. Red Car in avatar
4RunnerGuy88
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 4RunnerGuy88 »

I was bringing my truck into the shop at school like everyone else bring thier cars in, you know, to scope them out and stuff. well, my truck a step up thingis on the side so as im bringing it in like 3 or 4 kids jump on it and start to rock my truck back and forth which in turn bent my sh*t and so now i dont bring it in there anymore....
1989 Toyota 4Runner
243,000 miles
3.0L V6 5spd 4x4
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

4RunnerGuy88 wrote:I was bringing my truck into the shop at school like everyone else bring thier cars in, you know, to scope them out and stuff. well, my truck a step up thingis on the side so as im bringing it in like 3 or 4 kids jump on it and start to rock my truck back and forth which in turn bent my sh*t and so now i dont bring it in there anymore....
you should tell them to pay for the damages. That's waht I would've have. What they were doing (even if it was for fun) is considered vandalising.