im looking to modify my civic interior, where can i get stuf

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
pacroozer
Senior Standardshifter

im looking to modify my civic interior, where can i get stuf

Post by pacroozer »

Looking for cool pedals that will install easily? isn't it just screw off stock, screw on new one?

Looking for a shift knob, a long one that is bent at an angle toward the back seat. (i sit really far back)

These are all the mods I want to do as of right now. I live in philadelphia. any suggestions? i have a 05 civic lx 6000 miles so far. I love this car, totally love it.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

It is pretty easy to find pedal kits for a civic. The ones I have on mine are just clips ons. Takes no more than 1/2 hr to install them if you know what you're doing. There are some other ones where you drill holes on your pedal and install them ontop. I don't really want to drill my pedals so I didn't get those. As for ones where you completely replace teh pedals, I dunno about those. I havent actaulyl seen any that completely replaces the pedals.

Also, I havent seen any shift knob that bends backwards for the civic. Though I think there are kits that bends the stick backwards... not too sure on that though.
CaliforniaZX
Senior Standardshifter

Post by CaliforniaZX »

I have seen the clip ons... How are they? do they move a lot? can they handle wear and tear of heel toeing? Do you reccomend it?
Long Live.

Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

The clip on ones fit pretty snuggly on your existing pedals. They don't move at all. Although there is a caution for some of them though. Some of them, the screw that they provide to screw the plate together with the brace (to hold it in place), the one for the clutch pedal, the screw could sometimes poke against teh backwall and cause you to not completely able to push your clutch down. I'd recomment you stay away from those. Or you can do like my cousin did when he ran into this problem and cut the screws shorter.
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

how do you install a shift knob?

i have the pedals that just clip onto your existing ones. from my personal experience they are horrible. i would go with real ones
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

There are different types of shift knobs for differnt cars. Some of them, you just pull off, some you unscrew.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

i always used prostreetonline.com, optauto.com, nopi.com and ebay.com :) .
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Paolo300zx wrote:how do you install a shift knob?

i have the pedals that just clip onto your existing ones. from my personal experience they are horrible. i would go with real ones
On Hondas and Nissans at least the shift knob unscrews off, but you might have to take a wrench to it (put a towel over the knob if you wanna keep it) to get it to untighten. Aftermarket knobs vary but most I've dealt with have a set of rubber things that go over the shifter rod and then the knob has 3 screws that tighten over the rubber thing to hold it onto the rod :D
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.