WHAT'S YA FLAVA??

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!

are you a male or female??

male
85%
female
15%

Total votes: 53

silent
Junior Standardshifter

Post by silent »

wow, first chix to admit they are on the forum. Don't really think there are a lot of girls wanting to drive standard. Thats why all the cars in my house are automatic :cry: . My mom doesn't want to learn how to drive a manual. Thats why we only have automatics.

Can't wait until next year when I get my car :D. It suck because my other family members said I could learn on their car. Then later on they don't want to talk about it :cry:.
FormulaJenn
Junior Standardshifter

Post by FormulaJenn »

Im a chick too :!: and l love it....Boobs are great for getting you outta tickets HAHA just kidding...
jmoney031
Junior Standardshifter

Post by jmoney031 »

Hey, I'm a male, and i'm new here too. hehe.

I think this is my first post...

Well yeah. I just got my first standard shift car (92 Accord LX). I used to drive an automatic 92 sunbird, and when I told my dad I was planning to get a new car, but a manual, he went off looking for one for me. hahaha.

I was planning on saving up for an integra GSR, whichi still will ,but my dad found this add for the accord for a really good deal. He got it off an OLD LADY! She just bought a new Camry, and didnt need for the old car. She was the one who drove us to the dealer with the manual Accord. I was quite impressed, and watching her, started thinking it was really easy.

But when I started, i kept stalling... hahahahaa. Still gotta work on them launches to make em smooth. Also gotta practice on a Hill....
FormulaJenn
Junior Standardshifter

Post by FormulaJenn »

Good Luck on the hill thing. I find its easier to practice late at nite when theres noone really around just go to a road you know that doesnt have much use at nite and do what you want start stop hills if they have any...Also I find that sometimes, although its comforting to have someone who knows what they are doing in the car with you its better if your by yourself. That way you dont get embarressed, and your not trying to make that person proud. Trust me...youll be nervous. I was....but without that pressure of having to ''perform'' in front of someone and without the comments ''no do it like this'' I got to concentrate on the feel of the car, the noise that it makes when your doing certain things and it really helps. Turn off the radio and just listen to your new baby... :D
Akuma
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Akuma »

100% male here :D

A lot of girls I find want to learn how to drive standard, but they get all sketched out and scared that they may not like it, or may not pick it up well so they just kinda chicken out and get an automatic.
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

Well basically people (regardless of gender) who like driving manual is because they like their work and they love to work to drive manual. It is because most of the time when I asked people why didn't they drive manual, most of them just replied because there is too much work to drive manual, which makes sense :wink:.

Just like in the real world it is ok and normal for some people (regardless of gender) who don't like their works or jobs (obviously some people just go to work to get the money but they never like the jobs) while some people who love thier works or jobs to death :lol:. And yes, I admit that driving manual is a lot of work, BUT I LIKE TO WORK TO DRIVE A MANUAL!! LOL!!!! :mrgreen:.
jwl03
Senior Standardshifter

Post by jwl03 »

100% Male

I'm a manual man in an automatic world
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

nothing but my crushes, that turns my head faster than a "racer" chixs
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

FormulaJenn wrote:Im a chick too :!: and l love it....Boobs are great for getting you outta tickets HAHA just kidding...
Don't lie, you know that's the truth. :)
FormulaJenn
Junior Standardshifter

Post by FormulaJenn »

Ok well maybe just a little bit
Peterbilt
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Peterbilt »

Well, I am a male as you might guess from my nickname. My fiancee wanted to learn a manual about one year ago. We practiced two times in a very big parking lot, and I already got her driving in 2nd gear, but then suddenly she said she was scared and just stopped :( I told her she was learning much faster than me (3 years ago), but she still refused to continue. After that, I couldn't make her learn anymore.
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

you stall sometimes?... stalling is kinda discouraging for the people especially girls driver
silent
Junior Standardshifter

Post by silent »

My sister wants to learn how to drive a standard. Don't know if she will not want to learn when she tries it.

But my cousin's. Three who are girls all drive standards. Don't think they would drive anything else but a standard. But their brothers don't want to drive a standard :? .
Lonelobo
Junior Standardshifter

Re: re:

Post by Lonelobo »

ReckLess wrote:nothing but my crushes, that turns my head faster than a "racer" chixs
Lamest line ever? I think so.
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Re: re:

Post by LS1Leader »

Lonelobo wrote:
ReckLess wrote:nothing but my crushes, that turns my head faster than a "racer" chixs
Lamest line ever? I think so.
Don't be so hard on the kid, he's like 14 or 15, I think. That's what he said, at least.