Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Was that true grit or fake grit?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Rope-Pusher wrote:Was that true grit or fake grit?
True Grit. I heard from afar somebody bellering "fill your hands, you son of a b----."
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:Was that true grit or fake grit?
True Grit. I heard from afar somebody bellering "fill your hands, you son of a b----."
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I would have the girlfriend asking "So what am I, Chopped Liver?"
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote:I would have the girlfriend asking "So what am I, Chopped Liver?"
chopped and processed figs wrapped in bread is more like it.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Is a 25 year old Nissan Pulsar something that's worth the expense of importing? I think I just saw one, right hand drive, at the petrol station. Not positive as there wasn't any badging on it. Could have been a Pulsar GTI, but I'm not certain. Either way it looked weird.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

tankinbeans wrote:Is a 25 year old Nissan Pulsar something that's worth the expense of importing? I think I just saw one, right hand drive, at the petrol station. Not positive as there wasn't any badging on it. Could have been a Pulsar GTI, but I'm not certain. Either way it looked weird.
By any chance was this the hatchback GTIR? Those are pretty cool but I still don't know if worth importing.

On a side note as I've been out pretty often- when I took re-delivery of my car from a week ago it came back with cosmetic damage around the roof/driver side C-pillar. It honestly looks like someone tried to use a screw driver or some sort of sharp wedge around that area with a blind fold on. Scratches were deep enough you can stick a finger nail into and here a "click"... Went to the body guy and estimated around $3,000 to repair the "right way". Service center is claiming those were there which is funny because this is literally more damage to my car then I've done in 2+ years then they had it for 2 weeks. Pretty upsetting but I can't see myself fixing it as the scratches are light but they are so deep and the C panel runs pretty much the entire body of the car.

Sigh VW...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Teamwork wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:Is a 25 year old Nissan Pulsar something that's worth the expense of importing? I think I just saw one, right hand drive, at the petrol station. Not positive as there wasn't any badging on it. Could have been a Pulsar GTI, but I'm not certain. Either way it looked weird.
By any chance was this the hatchback GTIR? Those are pretty cool but I still don't know if worth importing.

On a side note as I've been out pretty often- when I took re-delivery of my car from a week ago it came back with cosmetic damage around the roof/driver side C-pillar. It honestly looks like someone tried to use a screw driver or some sort of sharp wedge around that area with a blind fold on. Scratches were deep enough you can stick a finger nail into and here a "click"... Went to the body guy and estimated around $3,000 to repair the "right way". Service center is claiming those were there which is funny because this is literally more damage to my car then I've done in 2+ years then they had it for 2 weeks. Pretty upsetting but I can't see myself fixing it as the scratches are light but they are so deep and the C panel runs pretty much the entire body of the car.

Sigh VW...
That socks bro. I’d’ve put up a stink about that. Threaten bad reviews too, or just write one. They seem to deserve it. Based on our Pulsars, I don’t think it’s be worth it to import one, unless it’s way more powerful than the ones we had...
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

With no badging, the Nissan in that vintage that would probably be considered most worth importing would be a Skyline.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

IMBoring25 wrote:With no badging, the Nissan in that vintage that would probably be considered most worth importing would be a Skyline.
I've seen a few R32s and know it's not one of those. This was a weird little hatchback that sounded really sick.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Please tell me all your thoughts on taco trucks and jeep wanglers. In particular the new ones.
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

tankinbeans wrote:
IMBoring25 wrote:With no badging, the Nissan in that vintage that would probably be considered most worth importing would be a Skyline.
I've seen a few R32s and know it's not one of those. This was a weird little hatchback that sounded really sick.
Have you seen R30s and R31s? There were several generations in the '80s.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

No, I've not seen those. However, looking at the pictures indicates that that's not the one either.

I'm almost positive after viewing pictures that it was a Pulsar of some sort.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/K57gXtPcvmCLV8KP2

That's most similar to the car i saw.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

tankinbeans wrote:
I saw an R32 today. It was stranded on the side of the road and the owner was nowhere in sight.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650