Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by potownrob »

AHTOXA wrote:
potownrob wrote:Almost time for the 10 year anniversary of the first international SS meat :twisted:
If it's within, say, 6 hours of driving from me, I'm game. Anything farther and I'm heading for Colorado.
don't give me ideas man... :shock: 8) :biggrin:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Another reason to visit Southern Ontario this weekend:

Sunday, June 11th, at the Canadian Transportation Museum and Heritage Village, not far from Kingsville, ONT

http://ctmhv.com/Events/event_details.h ... ivalOfCars
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

...but the Michiganders have their own event the same day:
Sunday, June 11 - Cars 'R' Stars Car Show at the Packard proving Ground in Shelby Township.

http://www.carsrstars.com/features-of-this-year-s-event
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Nissan LEAF gas station takeover helps consumers "Kick Gas" with free fuel

Nissan is giving away free gas at several fueling locations across the Northeast as part of its summer "Kick Gas" electric-vehicle drive promotion

Locals in five Northeast cities can watch for their chance to partake in Nissan's "Kick Gas" promotion by following Nissan and #KickGas on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram

Consumers can "Kick Gas" for good by adopting a fuel-free lifestyle with the all-electric 2017 LEAF, the world's top-selling all-electric vehicle

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/ ... -free-fuel
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote:Nissan LEAF gas station takeover helps consumers "Kick Gas" with free fuel

Nissan is giving away free gas at several fueling locations across the Northeast as part of its summer "Kick Gas" electric-vehicle drive promotion

Locals in five Northeast cities can watch for their chance to partake in Nissan's "Kick Gas" promotion by following Nissan and #KickGas on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram

Consumers can "Kick Gas" for good by adopting a fuel-free lifestyle with the all-electric 2017 LEAF, the world's top-selling all-electric vehicle

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/ ... -free-fuel
the problem eye have whiff this is that it does cost money to "fuel up" an EV (not even taking into account the cost of making the electric to begin with). even tesla is going to charge for "refueling" now...
https://www.theverge.com/2016/11/7/1354 ... -preorders
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

Finally figured out what's making that noise in the front end of my dad's truck!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHf5706W4[/youtube]

and apparently I forgot how to embed
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

noob5,000,000 wrote:Finally figured out what's making that noise in the front end of my dad's truck!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHf5706W4[/youtube]

Just gotta lose the https and manually replace it with good ol' http.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

noob5,000,000 wrote:Finally figured out what's making that noise in the front end of my dad's truck!

"U-Joint BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!"

Fickset
Last edited by Rope-Pusher on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

BATTLE OF THE BRANDS- from Autoline Daily
Most people know the relative size comparison of car companies. But when it comes to car brands, do you know which are the best-selling ones in the American market? Well, a lot of people would be surprised to learn that Ford sells more vehicles than any other brand. It sold 996,000 vehicles since the beginning of this year. That’s about 150,000 more than its closest contender, Toyota, which sold 843,000 vehicles. Chevrolet, with 798,000, isn’t too far behind Toyota. But then there’s a big drop to Nissan, which is now running consistently ahead of Honda. And this next one even caught us by surprise. Number 6 on the list is Jeep, with sales of 333,000 vehicles. And those 6 brands alone account for 60% of all new car sales in the U.S.

Top Selling Brands in U.S. Market
Jan-May, 2017
1. Ford 996,000
2. Toyota 843,000
3. Chevrolet 798,000
4. Nissan 609,000
5. Honda 592,000
6. Jeep 333,000
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

Rope-Pusher wrote:BATTLE OF THE BRANDS- from Autoline Daily
Most people know the relative size comparison of car companies. But when it comes to car brands, do you know which are the best-selling ones in the American market? Well, a lot of people would be surprised to learn that Ford sells more vehicles than any other brand. It sold 996,000 vehicles since the beginning of this year. That’s about 150,000 more than its closest contender, Toyota, which sold 843,000 vehicles. Chevrolet, with 798,000, isn’t too far behind Toyota. But then there’s a big drop to Nissan, which is now running consistently ahead of Honda. And this next one even caught us by surprise. Number 6 on the list is Jeep, with sales of 333,000 vehicles. And those 6 brands alone account for 60% of all new car sales in the U.S.

Top Selling Brands in U.S. Market
Jan-May, 2017
1. Ford 996,000
2. Toyota 843,000
3. Chevrolet 798,000
4. Nissan 609,000
5. Honda 592,000
6. Jeep 333,000
Surprising and impressive with Jeep. I have to say that I essentially see all the models everywhere though so I guess it makes sense. They probably have one of the better brand perceptions and marketing strategies of even the brands in front of them. Just goes to show...

And Nissan edging out Honda now becoming a regular thing?
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Hello all. I'm still alive.

Wanted to make use of the braintrust and start planning for when my lease expires. I still have a ways to go, but want to possibly get a jump on working out my next move.

What would you lot recommend I look at? I'm goimg to really start looking in 3 years, but am not sure if there's anything good coming around.

My interests are as follows:
1. Manual
2. Real color (red, blue, green, hell even purple)
3. Under $30k
4. Possibly AWD
5. Reasonbly reliable
6. Willing to look used (if there's anything out now with rockhard depreciation I'd be curious)
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

tankinbeans wrote:Hello all. I'm still alive.

Wanted to make use of the braintrust and start planning for when my lease expires. I still have a ways to go, but want to possibly get a jump on working out my next move.

What would you lot recommend I look at? I'm goimg to really start looking in 3 years, but am not sure if there's anything good coming around.

1. Manual
3. Under $30k
4. Possibly AWD
5. Reasonbly reliable
6. Willing to look used (if there's anything out now with rockhard depreciation I'd be curious)
Jeep Compass is available with 2.6-speed MTX, & AWD
https://www.jeep.com/hostc/bmo/CUJ20171 ... o#/summary
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I went to Michigan International Speedway to see the NASCAR race today.
Kevin Harvick even let me use HIS urinal. I knew it was his, because it had his car number (4) on the flushing mechanism.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

1. Manual
3. Under $30k
4. Possibly AWD
5. Reasonbly reliable
i'd get new beetle when the next gen comes out, if it comes out (they may cancel the beetle). otherwise, GET SOMETHING YOU LIKE AND STOP ALWAYS PLANNING YOUR NEXT CAR. coming from me, maybe it'll actually carry some weight (ha)... :) 8) :lol:
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

1. Manual
3. Under $30k
4. Possibly AWD
5. Reasonbly reliable
Basic Subaru Impreza wagon/Crosstrek? Seems to check all the boxes above... 2nd hand def does help and could increase the list a bit but I would be thinking along the lines of Subaru WRX (/ STI) or Golf R which I'm not sure would be the epitome of reliability compared to the first choice.