Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Star Wars will (fortunately?/unfortunately?) never die.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Speaking of posting... I just registered and I'm at like 400 something or whatever the hell?

Talk about waisting company time at work. :shock:
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Lol AHTOXA - I know what you mean. :)

Good call on the lock-up - apparently big threads pwn the server or something.

Anyone ride bikes? I'm thinking about getting a Ninja 250, but just need to grow a pair.
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
Bodder
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Bodder »

Johnf514 wrote:Lol AHTOXA - I know what you mean. :)

Anyone ride bikes? I'm thinking about getting a Ninja 250, but just need to grow a pair.
Im going to learn how to ride this summer, Ive been reading a ton and everyone says buy a 250.

I recently talked to my friend who would teach me and he said dont even bother with 250, you'll outgrow it in under a month.

Hes a person I trust, and if he wasn't the won teaching me I would still be getting a 250.

Oh yeah another big thing is DO NOT try and keep up with anyone else. I have another friend that is learning to ride with me so we can take it slow together on purpose.
ra64t wrote: yeah, she has a stick now
Johnf514

Post by Johnf514 »

My big thing is that I'm artificially limited by price. I'd like to do all of this for under $2K. Now I under that gets me something used and beat up, but I'm OK with that. I Simply just want to get some of these pointless city miles off the Mazda3. And have a little play-toy. :)
2007 Mazda3
2006 Ninja 636
Bodder
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Bodder »

Johnf514 wrote:My big thing is that I'm artificially limited by price. I'd like to do all of this for under $2K. Now I under that gets me something used and beat up, but I'm OK with that. I Simply just want to get some of these pointless city miles off the Mazda3. And have a little play-toy. :)
Yep, just be safe doing it.

The person whose teaching me was hit by a lady who "Didnt see him".
Great for her but he had titanium through his leg and was in a coma for 10 days. I asked him why he wants to ride again and he just says "I Gotta"

Be safe
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I've riddden my friend's 600cc ninja before and had to dump it once. Ran right into a garbage can. :lol: He still bitches about that from time to time.

I dunno... bikes intimidate me a little in the city. I would only ride in a more rural area. Drivers here are very inattentive and all of my friends that ride have gone down hard or have been hit at one time or another.

It's dangerous but oh so awesome.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Johnf514 wrote:Lol AHTOXA - I know what you mean. :)

Both my parents and my brother ride motorcycles...religiously. They keep asking when I'm going to learn, but I don't think I'm ready for that challenge yet. :D

Anyway, I've learned quite a bit about bikes from them, and no matter what you do, you really need to:

(1) Take the driver training courses.
(2) Buy all the necessary protective gear to keep you safe. (Helmet, leather, gloves, etc.)
(3) WEAR IT ALWAYS! Well, when riding anyway. Or during sex, to spice things up. (Oh yeah baby, I AM the Stig. ...:shock: Okay, yeah, lunch time...:lol:)
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
Johnf514

Post by Johnf514 »

I will definitely get the helmet/jacket/gloves. Motorcycle safety course is required to get a license in FL. The helmet will always be on while riding. It just makes sense, and nothing looks worse than a person on a motorcycle without a helmet on. :roll:
2007 Mazda3
2006 Ninja 636
Nychold
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nychold »

Johnf514 wrote:I will definitely get the helmet/jacket/gloves. Motorcycle safety course is required to get a license in FL. The helmet will always be on while riding. It just makes sense, and nothing looks worse than a person on a motorcycle without a helmet on. :roll:
Actually, there is something worse, and I see it all the time. Kid on a high powered sportsbike, with the helmet firmly attached to the tandem (bitch) seat. :roll:
Johnf514

Post by Johnf514 »

Dammit, you're right. I just saw that a couple of days ago, too. What a squid. :x

Not gonna happen here. The helmet and jacket goes on. And pants too. None of this shorts-on-a-bike business.
2007 Mazda3
2006 Ninja 636
Bodder
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Bodder »

I think Helmet, jacket, gloves and pants look the coolest. Ill probably just end up wearing jeans.
Nychold
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nychold »

....wonderful

Well, never mind me going balls to the wall against my landlord. Just got a call from Renee (really a text message, but don't nitpick with me today). Apparently, she just got a voice mail that someone came in and rented the house.

The sucky part: she was going to submit the application yesterday and give a good faith deposit today, but she didn't feel well yesterday, so I agreed to drop it off tomorrow.

I hate when women cry and think it's their fault. :cry: :cry:

And now back to your normally scheduled Nychold. :D
.insane
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1998 Ford Contour Slush

Post by .insane »

AHTOXA wrote:So I bought my new starter mtb today. $500 is not too bad, altough many folks would say more money is needed for better components.

I'm a beginner when it comes to mtb, so this will do for now. No need to break the bank just yet.

Now I can't wait for the snow to melt and get warmer here!

nice im planning on getting a nice road racing bike so i can run the chicago triathlon this summer.
Retired:
'98 Ford Contour (AT) - 130,xxx miles (passed to my brother)
'93 Toyota Tercel (4sp MT) - 190,xxx miles (donated)
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2013 Ford Fiesta

Post by comingbackdown »

Nychold wrote:....wonderful

Well, never mind me going balls to the wall against my landlord. Just got a call from Renee (really a text message, but don't nitpick with me today). Apparently, she just got a voice mail that someone came in and rented the house.

The sucky part: she was going to submit the application yesterday and give a good faith deposit today, but she didn't feel well yesterday, so I agreed to drop it off tomorrow.

I hate when women cry and think it's their fault. :cry: :cry:

And now back to your normally scheduled Nychold. :D
S'alright, 'nother one will pop up eventually.
2013 Ford Fiesta + a bike and a land yacht which are in pieces.