Atlanta SS Meeting

JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

I hate silverdollar speedway, the water box is too close, you can't drive around it, and it's a bunch of gun totin' rednecks. All the guys in trucks there have gun racks in the back and isht :lol:
The track is REALLY laidback though, if i were to lose my liscence or something, i could race there and for that i love them. I also think country girls are really hot. :shock:
The drive is also beaitufil, at night, if you turn the light off, you nearly crash because it's so piss dark, and the stars are beautiful too.

my jetta runs 17.6 from the factory, but i can usually do a 16.9 with the cam chip intake shortshifter poly motor mounts exhaust and no spare tire.
If we go to commerce, i'll probably be able to bring my cousins R32 (well, mine really) and that will REALLY give ya'll a run for your money.
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Post by Tinton »

What: Atlanta Standardshifters Meet & Dragway Cruise
Date: May 11th, 2007
Time: 5:00PM
Where: Meet @ Malibu Grand Prix, drive out to Commerce, GA to the Atlanta Dragway.
Cost: $20 for drags, misc. for gas.

Info: By popular request, the meeting will be out at the dragway in Commerce. The plan is to meet up at Malibu Grand Prix in Norcross, then we'll all cruise out to Commerce on I-85.

Does anyone have any problems with this? There is also a Year One Fast Friday (where we can go out and run the track) on May 4th, but besides that there isn't 1 until June 8th. Other than that, we'd have to meet at a restaurant somewhere.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

sounds fun but unfortunately i won't be able to make it. you guys have fun and take pics to post up. :D
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

wHY may 9? is that the first friday on may?
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

i'm gonna lock the other Atlanta SS Meet thread so only this one gets used.
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

Ok the 11th won't work for me, since there was like no response on here I decided to plan something else for the 11th. I'll also be busy most of this month I think. We could plan to meet sometime in June. What does everyone's schedule look like?

I also don't want to go out to the dragway, maybe some other time. I took a drive out to Road Atlanta a couple weeks ago it is 1 LONG ass drive and it took a full tank of gas. I'm not sure if everyone is up to doing that. So, I'm thinking that we can meet at like the American Pie off Roswell Rd., or at a nice place called the Ship and Anchor (its about 1/2 mile away from American Pie).

So, what we need here. Say what your June is going to look like, and say what days you're open for. I'll say right now that I'll only be open Friday-Sunday, since I have classes from 5-8pm during the summer Monday-Thurs. So I'm probably looking at a weekend in June, at about 6 or 7pm at a restaurant/bar in Sandy Springs or around that area.
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

i could probably do a weekend in June, but i'm not sure what dates. usually i just ask my fiancee on thursday "do we have any plans this weekend?" :lol:

is that Ship and Anchor place like a British pub?
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

jomotopia wrote:i could probably do a weekend in June, but i'm not sure what dates. usually i just ask my fiancee on thursday "do we have any plans this weekend?" :lol:

is that Ship and Anchor place like a British pub?
Yup. Its open to those under 18 until like 9pm too, I'm not sure if we have anyone here who's under 18. I'm 21 so its no problem for me :D .

Jomo, find out what dates. Or, hell, and this is a better idea, we could come up with a date and you could mark that on your calendar, and make sure you don't overwrite it.

BTW, any chance you could somehow PM those other guys (JackBauer, JHamilton, etc) and get them in here?
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

Tinton wrote:Yup. Its open to those under 18 until like 9pm too, I'm not sure if we have anyone here who's under 18. I'm 21 so its no problem for me :D .
yay British pub! :D i'd prefer that over American Pie.
Jomo, find out what dates. Or, hell, and this is a better idea, we could come up with a date and you could mark that on your calendar, and make sure you don't overwrite it.
let's try to come up with a date that works for the most people and i should be able to make it. as of right now i don't think i have anything specific planned in June.
BTW, any chance you could somehow PM those other guys (JackBauer, JHamilton, etc) and get them in here?
you're running the show man, why don't you pm them?
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

btw, here is a list of other members that i can find that are in Atlanta.

JHamilton
JackBauer
vedran

haven't seen these guys on in a while:

Sorax
Skywong
vq35
Jschlact
C-Dawg

found these with the member list but i don't remember seeing them actually post. except tritorch, he's a friend of mine. doesn't come on the site but i might bring him along to this thing.

pw
Blackstone
tritorch
Analogue Charme

anyway, feel free to pm away. or if you don't want to let me know and i'll pm at least the first list.
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

jomotopia wrote:btw, here is a list of other members that i can find that are in Atlanta.

JHamilton
JackBauer
vedran

haven't seen these guys on in a while:

Sorax
Skywong
vq35
Jschlact
C-Dawg

found these with the member list but i don't remember seeing them actually post. except tritorch, he's a friend of mine. doesn't come on the site but i might bring him along to this thing.

pw
Blackstone
tritorch
Analogue Charme

anyway, feel free to pm away. or if you don't want to let me know and i'll pm at least the first list.
I'm sitting in Logan airport right now, about to get on my plane back to Atlanta. I haven't been home in a week, I've been able to get online, but I just haven't had time to check SS. I'll PM those people when I get back.
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

Hmmm, is there any way to send a e-mail to more than 1 user at a time?
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Best way to mass PM is just copy and paste the email while changing the receiver's line. Gotta wait a minute for the anti-spam thing to kick out. :)
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

what about silverdollar? there track is open saturday, and theres a carshow every saturday starting from the morning. We can spend the whole day there.

Commerce...long story.
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

Ok, I sent PM's out.

This meeting is just for eating and stuff. You wanna go to a track, make your own meet please. I tried to get a group together to go out to Commerce but there was no interest. I don't even really feel like going out that far, I mean I'll just run a high 15 or 16 and have a good chance of blowing a motor or transmission.