manual does rule

All the news that's fit to shift.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Re: manual does rule

Post by FDSpirit »

1974Alfa5spd wrote:
comingbackdown wrote:"WOOOO WOOOOO WOOOO. HOT VIRGINS WITH NO INHIBITIONS, RIGHT HERE"...
Every single 13-18 year old male within ten miles would run like hell to get there as fast as they could.
Fix'd
:lol:
I think someone pointed out alarms seem pointless in any place other than your driveway/living area. Most of the time when they go off, people just keep walking. So people don't give 2 shits.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
malteseracer
Junior Standardshifter

Post by malteseracer »

paul34 wrote:Never knew that, but I also find car alarms extremely annoying and stupid, as well as 90% useless. No one listens to them, they generally just go off when not needed, and the only time they're useful is when your car is parked outside your house and it goes off. But it has to be good, otherwise you're just going to ignore it and go back to sleep. And even if you do see someone breaking into your car, what are you going to do? Go outside with a sharp stick?

something like lo jack, or explosives wired into your car are far more useful. unfortunately, the latter is illegal.
I was at a car show last week and a crazy drag custom 89 mustang set off the car alarm next to it.
Nobody ever cares when an alarm goes off, they just assume some guy set his off by accident.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

malteseracer wrote:
paul34 wrote:Never knew that, but I also find car alarms extremely annoying and stupid, as well as 90% useless. No one listens to them, they generally just go off when not needed, and the only time they're useful is when your car is parked outside your house and it goes off. But it has to be good, otherwise you're just going to ignore it and go back to sleep. And even if you do see someone breaking into your car, what are you going to do? Go outside with a sharp stick?

something like lo jack, or explosives wired into your car are far more useful. unfortunately, the latter is illegal.
I was at a car show last week and a crazy drag custom 89 mustang set off the car alarm next to it.
Nobody ever cares when an alarm goes off, they just assume some guy set his off by accident.
There ya go. People just look at the car and keep it moving.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Cevrolet Caprice STW (at)

Post by mad_finn »

13litre engine, 18 speed manual, total weight 36tons.11 years on the road,700k.miles driven
caysman
Junior Standardshifter

Post by caysman »

Look from 3:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ztKJc- ... re=related

Where's the thing on this car ?

- How do you put it in gear ?
Where's the thing ?
- lt's right here.

What is this ?
ls this a shifter car ?

l cannot drive
a shifter car.

So we got
a situation here.

l can't drive these kinda cars.
What the f**k is goin' on ?

You think that's funny ?
Would you like to know, smart-ass ?

Would you like to know why
l can't drive this kinda car ?

l'm used to luxury cars.

Have you ever heard
of a luxury car ?

Ever heard of Cadillac, Cadillac
Eldorado ? That's what l drive.

l drive cars
that shift themselves.

My cars shift themselves.
The luxury cars, they shift themselves.
fa22raptorf22
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 SSM Acura RSX

Post by fa22raptorf22 »

^^Muahhaha. That is great
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

Lol, that's pretty funny.

For those just wanting to see that scene he's talking about, click this link instead (bonus: good view of some boobz): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ztKJc-Rw0#t=4m0s
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

paul34 wrote:And even if you do see someone breaking into your car, what are you going to do? Go outside with a sharp stick?

I have a badass old school aluminum bat next to my bed at all times, just in case. I also keep the CO2 BB gun nearby. I know it won't do any damage by itself, but i figure a shower of BBs to the upper chest and lower face will keep the thief/burglar/asshole distracted long enough for me to get up close and use the bat to make it rain brain.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

remember that post about me and butterfly knives? i would have no problem running up on some burglar while fanning a butterfly knife to distract him long enough to jab him so hard in the ribs it pops his lung
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

LHOswald wrote:remember that post about me and butterfly knives? i would have no problem running up on some burglar while fanning a butterfly knife to distract him long enough to jab him so hard in the ribs it pops his lung
...As he fires his gun and your brains decorate the ground...
Fortunately, where I'm at, they will not see me, hear me, or even know I'm there until I come flying off the roof and the stick spilts their skull...
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200