Dawn of the Dead?

All the news that's fit to shift.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Dawn of the Dead?

Post by potownrob »

Shadow wrote:So....autonomous steering, but only when the driver has his hands on the steering wheel? That might be the most stupid & pointless automotive advancement of the year! LOL

What's next, a faucet that will turn itself on or off, but only if the user holds on to the faucet handle?
more realistiche (realisticher) would be for it to only work when someone's seated in the driver's seat, oh, and when your eyes are on the road 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Dawn of the Dead?

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote:
Shadow wrote:So....autonomous steering, but only when the driver has his hands on the steering wheel? That might be the most stupid & pointless automotive advancement of the year! LOL

What's next, a faucet that will turn itself on or off, but only if the user holds on to the faucet handle?
more realistiche (realisticher) would be for it to only work when someone's seated in the driver's seat, oh, and when your eyes are on the road 8)
Maybe there is still hoap! Maybe they will design the autonomous car so that it drives itself only when the driver actually drives it?
Nah, that's just Crazy Talk.

...in a galaxy far, far away,.....
I designed tanks (Your welcome!) on a Computervision CADS IV system. It came with a pong-like game. I was playing with the settings, checking out the range of difficultitty. When playing on the yeast difficult setting, it was absurdly easy. I never missed. I got so bored that I let go of the controls and
Low and Be Holed

The game played with itself and never came close to not returning the puck!

Would that be akin to a vehicle collision avoidance system? Let the driver think they are in charge, but be there to prevent a faux pas when the driver faux up?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"