2014 Fiesta ST

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

2014 Fiesta ST

Post by ColJessip »

null
Last edited by ColJessip on Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Post by noob5,000,000 »

I like it!
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
mtheis
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Corolla, 76 Celica

Post by mtheis »

I wish I could've driven the GTO when you were in my neck of the woods. The Fiesta looks like a fun car. Maybe we can have a mini meet?
2007 Corolla
2017 Cannondale Quick 3
1995 Tercel
1976 Celica GT
Unofficial SS.com IRC Server
Driving stick since March 20, 2002
Official lurker
Boston Fit
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Boston Fit »

Looks good! Enjoy it. I agree, all-around handling is more important than straight-line acceleration.
2013 Honda Civic Si
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Good choice on the car!

If the Fiesta was available when I was buying my 1.4T Sonic, I'd probably have gone with the FiST as well. In fact, it will likely be my next car in 2-3 years. It's either going to be the FiST or the new Chevy Colorado; I want I4, 4x4 and manual in it.

That said, I sold my GTO for much the same reasons - never ending mechanical problems, and mine had 45k when it was sold. The dealer knew me well, by the time it was sold, and keep in mind, it wasn't even driven in the winter. The last straw was a phantom clutch issue, where the pedal would get soft after a redline shift and return to normal 2 shifts later. Multiple techs looked at it thoroughly, never found any leaks. I have a great conversation with a master tech at one of the dealerships. He took the time to listed to what I was describing, as well as the time to keep it for a few days and check out the issue - found nothing.

I liked that car quite a lot, but I got frustrated with it a lot, too.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

You would have gotten yourself FiSTed? :shock:
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Every day, twice a day. Once on the way to work and then on the way home. More times as necessary.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

AHTOXA wrote:Good choice on the car!

If the Fiesta was available when I was buying my 1.4T Sonic, I'd probably have gone with the FiST as well. In fact, it will likely be my next car in 2-3 years. It's either going to be the FiST or the new Chevy Colorado; I want I4, 4x4 and manual in it.

That said, I sold my GTO for much the same reasons - never ending mechanical problems, and mine had 45k when it was sold. The dealer knew me well, by the time it was sold, and keep in mind, it wasn't even driven in the winter. The last straw was a phantom clutch issue, where the pedal would get soft after a redline shift and return to normal 2 shifts later. Multiple techs looked at it thoroughly, never found any leaks. I have a great conversation with a master tech at one of the dealerships. He took the time to listed to what I was describing, as well as the time to keep it for a few days and check out the issue - found nothing.

Do you know if the Goat's clutch cover was a self-adjusting model? Not the hydraulic release system, but the clutch cover itself. I've seen some of those that misadjust after a high rpm stint - like the spring in the adjuster goes into resonance and the adjuster moves. They are sposta adjust so that the clutch pedal force to disengage stays constant as the clutch wears rather then increase as the disk gets thinner.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

nice hwhip :D

come to the meat so we can have multiple blue balls again 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

noob5,000,000 wrote:I like it!
I'd be curious to drive one of these little buggies to see how it compares with my brief time behind the wheel of the Focus ST.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Rope-Pusher wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:Good choice on the car!

Do you know if the Goat's clutch cover was a self-adjusting model? Not the hydraulic release system, but the clutch cover itself. I've seen some of those that misadjust after a high rpm stint - like the spring in the adjuster goes into resonance and the adjuster moves. They are sposta adjust so that the clutch pedal force to disengage stays constant as the clutch wears rather then increase as the disk gets thinner.
I don't recall any more, unfortunately. I sold it in 2011 and it's been a few years.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Love it. I want a FiST or a FoST in that fantastic red/orange metallic flake color they have. Honestly my top choice if I needed a hatch right now.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

must have mark seven gti. must blow away other hot hatches and smile at stop lights. :mrgreen:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

potownrob wrote:must have mark seven gti. must blow away other hot hatches and smile at stop lights. :mrgreen:
Until something breaks deep within the dash and it costs hundreds to fix.

I haven't seen many if any fiesta STs around here lately. I have stumbled upon a few Focus STs. Those Recaros...man they hold you in place.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 WRX, '07 Impreza

Post by 4onthefloor »

The more and more I hear about them, I'm starting to wonder if a Focus ST could be in my future. Then I remember that I love AWD and then I'm just confused and unsure.
Two pedals, two feet, too easy.

Car: 2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition
http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... 32&t=13230