Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by Rope-Pusher »

tankinbeans wrote:I'll have to check, but I'm just west of you in St. Paul, MN. I checked the manual and see that in Mexico 5W is approved, but didn't specifically see anything about nice intemperate climes.
So was it Manuel that performed the oil change?

They usually put the least experienced technician in the position of changing oil - not much to do wrong, right?

DO you think the refernce they checked listed the wrong oil?
DO you think they filled it with the correct oil but used the wrong sticker?
DO you think they just felt they knew better than to use what was recommended?
DO you think they didn't have any of the specified oil, so they just used what they had?

Yanno, your engine may do just fine with the oil they put in, but it may crank/start a little slower and it may get a little less fuel smileage.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote:
potownrob wrote:Earth to Standardshift?! Wake up Standardshift!! Engage: STANDARDSHIFT!!!! :o :D :!:
Shark bait: bahaha!

Question: Malcolm requires 0W-20, but the dealer put in 5W-20 according to the sticker. Should I be concerned or is it common practice to use a slightly thicker blend during winter months? I've only ever used 5W or 10W because that's all my vehicles have called for.
you'll be fine bro, and big malcolm too (he's a mazda, right?). you're not in siberia, right?? 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

We were theoretically scheduled to be pooped on today, but the snow past us by. He's a 6 and is wonderful.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Woke up to powder sugar on the lawns, rooftops, & vehicles, but car thermometer read 32 degrees and it's melting as soon as it lands on pavement. Could be the beginning of a White Christmas.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

We had a very small chance of a while Christmas but that didn't happen. It will be cold enough in the morning but no precip.

In other news, I'd like to acquire a canoe, but have nowhere to store it.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

AHTOXA wrote:We had a very small chance of a while Christmas but that didn't happen. It will be cold enough in the morning but no precip.

In other news, I'd like to acquire a canoe, but have nowhere to store it.
6" of Fa-La-La-La-La, La-La. La-La out there. The roads don't seem to have been touched by the blade of a plow yet. I'm a-fixin' to refuel the beast and take it for a stroll thru the neighborhood before the neighbors get irritated by the noise and start throwing sugarplums at me. You know, Silent Night and all that jazz?
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

AHTOXA wrote:In other news, I'd like to acquire a canoe, but have nowhere to store it.
In related news, I have a 14 foot canoe that I don't want, but cant get rid of because its from the wife's grandfather and hes not dead.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

watkins wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:In other news, I'd like to acquire a canoe, but have nowhere to store it.
In related news, I have a 14 foot canoe that I don't want, but cant get rid of because its from the wife's grandfather and hes not dead.
"Dead" is a relative term. Is he dead enough to not notice if you lent YOUR canoe to Tony for an extended period of time, or is the canoe hanging above the fireplace mantel, the way folks in Westerns hung their Winchester Rifles, and visiting relatives would comment if it was seen to be missing during their next visit to El Ranch Watkins?

Is it possible for anything to be "Seen to be missing"?
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

watkins wrote:
Take it out on the lake (maybe not now, but in spring) with the pup. You might like it and might change your mind on keeping it.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Been there, done that. We collectively prefer the kayaks.

The canoe is also just too damn inconvenient to deal with. Its too wide to fit on my roof racks, so I either need to make extensions or continue to transport it on the trailer. We bring it out once a year for our major camping trip, and even then it gets in the way more than it gets used.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

watkins wrote:Been there, done that. We collectively prefer the kayaks.

The canoe is also just too damn inconvenient to deal with. Its too wide to fit on my roof racks, so I either need to make extensions or continue to transport it on the trailer. We bring it out once a year for our major camping trip, and even then it gets in the way more than it gets used.
Don't you just carry it around in case you'll need it?

AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Does the dog come along in the kayak? I'm thinking that might be too tight space-wise for a dog. Between the GF and I we have two large dogs, so I'm not sure that a kayak can work.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

AHTOXA wrote:

Does the dog come along in the kayak? I'm thinking that might be too tight space-wise for a dog. Between the GF and I we have two large dogs, so I'm not sure that a kayak can work.
that probably depends on how much storage space it has, and what type of kayak it is...

ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote:Image
I'd say this one was designed and built specifically to hold the dogs.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote:
potownrob wrote:Image
I'd say this one was designed and built specifically to hold the dogs.
it was...somewhat.

http://www.pygmyboats.com/boats/coho-kayak-kit.html

http://pics.woodenpropeller.com/Kayak.html

http://www.pygmyboats.com/boats/osprey- ... k-kit.html