Macally T-S350SU eSATA/USB 3.5" Hard Drive Enclosure

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Macally T-S350SU eSATA/USB 3.5" Hard Drive Enclosure

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

So yeah, I've been enclosing all of my old, bare hard drives, and putting them to good use getting shit off my Macbook.

Looks: 3/5
Performance: 3/5-USB 5/5-eSATA
Construction: 2/5
FOSE: 1/5

Looks: It's not much of a looker. But it's got this nice machined aluminum power button with cool blue LED behind it. It's made of plastic, the top is kind of matte grey, and the front is a nice gloss black.
Performance: It's got average USB hard drive performance. eSATA performance is on par with an internal hard drive.
Construction: It's cheaply built. It's hard to open because of how it's designed, and takes a certain amount of brute force to jar the top cover loose so you can install the drive. The ports flex a lot when you plug in the cords. A lot isn't to be expected, it cost $18.
FOSE: It's got a bunch of sharp edges, the drive doesn't cause a lot of vibration (It's isolated pretty well from mounting frame).
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2013 Ford Fiesta

Re: Macally T-S350SU eSATA/USB 3.5" Hard Drive Enclosure

Post by comingbackdown »

1974Alfa5spd wrote:FOSE: It's got a bunch of sharp edges, the drive doesn't cause a lot of vibration (It's isolated pretty well from mounting frame).
So, basically nil, unless she has a thing for little sensation and a thing for pain and bleeding...
2013 Ford Fiesta + a bike and a land yacht which are in pieces.