How to Get Fat

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Young Twig
Senior Standardshifter

How to Get Fat

Post by Young Twig »

Anyone have any tips? I need to gain some weight. :)
mkracer89
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mkracer89 »

The subway diet...

I wish I was in a situation where I needed to gain some weight, but right now, I'm in the opposite situation.
Honda Civic EX coupe
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

find all the local pizza places near you (not domino's etc), sample all their pizzas, find the absolute greasiest one, eat that for breakfast lunch and dinner.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

Trev
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW Jetta 00'

Post by Trev »

Just sit around and don't do anything. Also eat alot of sugars and fats. Don't ever buy anything that's natural.

Oh and don't be Vegan like me, that keeps most people's weight down.
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

first of all, what is the reason behind it?

do you want to just gain more weight to fill your clothes out or do you want to gain weight for a sport, say football?
G4M3JUNKY
Senior Standardshifter

Post by G4M3JUNKY »

well i took a nutrition class over the summer at a community college and hands down the best way to get fat is to drink sodas and eat fast food. you will get fat like nothing. also eat boxed foods and processed foods. i dont know why you would want to get fat but if you meant you want to get buff then instead of eating more protein and taking those pills. you already get more protein than you really need. eat more fruits and vegetables and omega 3 fats found in fish and try to have at least an hour of physical activity (exercise) a day. trust me i got an A in that class. if the OP or anyone else has any more questions feel free to ask. its funny how i am a computer engineering major but i know so much about nutrition. :lol:
2002 Honda Civic LX Coupe
marcman1987
Senior Standardshifter

Post by marcman1987 »

As far as being fat is concerned, it is not healthy so don't do it. If you want to fill out a bit, I'd suggest working out, but that depends on how old you are! If your stil growing, you probably shouldn't be working out or taking any supplements, and certainly should not be worried about putting on weight. If you want to look fitter, start playing a sport. If you do want to start lifting, make sure you do it properly, and educate yourself on proper techniques as well sa nutrition. Stay away from 'those pills' which are more likely creatine. Stick to a healthy diet and maybe some whey protein.
We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!... Think Globally, Act Locally!
BigTippy
Senior Standardshifter

Post by BigTippy »

Get a membership to a gym, and work out, eating a lot of protein.

Remember that muscle weighs a lot more then fat, and buff guys get the chicks. Don't run....running keeps weight off...big time. So lift weights and eat a lot of meat.

Getting fat is not the way to go man. Neither is just doing some pushups and sit-ups and pull-ups. Lifting at a gym is the best way to get ripped, and to put on pounds. It'll take a little bit of time...but it’s worth it!
2005 Chevy Colorado with a Vortex 2800 I-4 5-Speed
Trinsic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Trinsic »

Drink 4 cokes a day and don't excercise.
CaliforniaZX
Senior Standardshifter

Post by CaliforniaZX »

BigTippy wrote:Get a membership to a gym, and work out, eating a lot of protein.

Remember that muscle weighs a lot more then fat, and buff guys get the chicks. Don't run....running keeps weight off...big time. So lift weights and eat a lot of meat.

Getting fat is not the way to go man. Neither is just doing some pushups and sit-ups and pull-ups. Lifting at a gym is the best way to get ripped, and to put on pounds. It'll take a little bit of time...but it’s worth it!
You need to do cardio at least once or twice a week to keep your heart healthy, and if you want the ripped abs. Theres no point of getting abs if you cant see them.
Long Live.

Crim
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Crim »

Drink 4 cokes a day and don't excercise.
Good thing I have such a fast metabolism, cause I down soda by the bottle and I'm not talkin about those wimpy 20 oz, I mean the 2 liters. I'm pretty ripped, but my diet of instant noodles and soda probably isn't the healthiest. Might as well enjoy the benefits of youth before you get old.
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer RA

Post by jcprov21 »

I have a bunch of fat.. Want some? :lol:

Eat fast food for at least one meal a day but not for every meal. You will be amazed.
BigTippy
Senior Standardshifter

Post by BigTippy »

CaliforniaZX wrote:
BigTippy wrote:Get a membership to a gym, and work out, eating a lot of protein.

You need to do cardio at least once or twice a week to keep your heart healthy, and if you want the ripped abs. Theres no point of getting abs if you cant see them.

Well, that is true. But running alone will not do it. You'll get in shape, but you won't gain weight. My system is to run Tuesday and Thursday, and work out Wednesday and Friday. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday are off days to recuperate. And it does help to have some kind of activity to do. For example, I take karate on Tuesday and Thursday nights. And you need someone to work out with so they can spot you. If you have a spot, you can lift heaver weights. But I would tell you to work out lightly for a month or two before lifting heavy. Your muscles need to get used to the weight and movement. And that will help with the soreness. If you want to get really sore, just run into a gym and start lifting heavy the first day!!
2005 Chevy Colorado with a Vortex 2800 I-4 5-Speed
marcman1987
Senior Standardshifter

Post by marcman1987 »

Eating fast food is something I rarely ever do! I just see what is appetizing about any of that garbage? On top of that, fast food does not give you much bang for your buck. I'm never full after eating any combo. I may as well go to the grocery store and buy some stuff and make myself a healthy meal, or if im on the run, i can make myself a sandwich, or buy some hummus, or baba ganoush, and some pita! MMMMM yummay!

As for a workout schedule, I never found that I was able to do a proper workout in only 2 days. I needed at least 3 if not 4 to workout every single muscle group effectively. It usually went something like, Arms on monday, back on tuesday, legs on wednesday and chest on thursday, abs every day, and cardio on sunday. I got great resulsts like this because I could really concentrate on each workout and get mentally prepared the day before. Believe it or not, mental preparation is just as important as the physical part, and remember, a key to working is like the other poster said, recovery.
We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!... Think Globally, Act Locally!